AIR TRAVEL & CAR RENTAL
We are pleased to partner with United Airlines for air travel to our upcoming event.
Visit www.united.com/meetingtravel and enter ZH8Z446672 in the Offer Code box to receive your discount.
MileagePlus members earn Premier Qualifying Dollars and miles for their travel.
You may also call United Meeting Reservation Desk at (800) 426 - 1122
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Saturday - Sunday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Booking fees are waived for Meeting reservations. International customers may contact their local United Reservation Desk.
Car Rental:Special arrangements have been made with Hertz Rent-A-Car. Rent any size vehicle from September 28 - October 12, 2019. Click Here to review more details about the special meeting rates. To reserve your special meeting rates, you can book online at www.hertz.com, call Hertz at 800-654-2240 or 405-749-4434, or call your corporate travel department or travel agent. To receive your special show rates provide the CV# 022L5623, along with the name and date of the event. At the time of reservation, the meeting rates will be automatically compared to other Hertz rates and you'll be quoted the best comparable rate available.
AIR, WATER & DRAIN
Compressed air supply and water and drain facilities will be provided by George R. Brown Convention Center. Orders should be placed and paid for in advance using the Plumbing Service Order Form no later than September 23, 2019. Any questions should be directed to Smart City @ 888.446.6911.Or, order online https://orders.smartcitynetworks.com/center.aspx?center=001 select Franchise Expo
ANIMALS & PETS
No animals are permitted except as an approved exhibit. Exhibitors that are planning to have pets as part of their exhibit must obtain prior approval from George R. Brown Convention Center. Service animals are permitted as required by law.
AUDIO VISUAL &
To rent audio visual or computer equipment use the A/V Computer & Data Display Supplier Form.
Exhibitor Badges: All exhibitors are required to have a badge to gain entry to the exhibit area. Exhibitor Badges are no additional charge. Exhibitors must order them in advance by completing the Exhibitor Badge Form no later than September 27, 2019. Badges must be picked up the Registration Desk on show site. Badges allow access to the exhibit area during set-up, show days and dismantling. They also grant entry to the free seminars.
Attendee Badges: Will include a two dimensional (2D) high density bar code, which will have contact information for download using the Lead Retrieval System.
BALLOONS AND HELIUM FILLED ITEMS
Helium & Mylar balloons are prohibited. Decorative balloons must be air filled.
BOOTH DESIGN REQUIREMENTS & REGULATIONS
All booths must adhere to Franchise Expo Houston show esthetics.
- Flooring: The entire floor space of all booths will be carpeted. Exhibitors are premitted to bring custom flooring.
- Linear Booth Spaces: The back section cannot exceed 8’ and any sidewall in the front half of the booth may not be higher than 4’.
- Emerging Brands Pavilion: The back section cannot exceed 8’and any sidewall may not be higher than 4’.
- Island Booth Spaces: Island booths have a maximum exhibit height of 16’. See Engineering below regarding exhibits, booths, signs, partitions and display properties exceeding 12 feet in height.
- Engineering: All exhibits and other components over 12’ (3.66 m) must be engineered appropriate to their use and constructed from drawings bearing the stamp of a reviewing structural engineer.
- Signage: Signage must be limited to the interior of the booth space. Booth spaces 400 sq. ft. or larger may hang signs above their booth. See Labor for rates and instructions.
- Appearance: In order to protect the interests of ALL exhibitors and the integrity of the Show, any display deemed unprofessional in appearance, at the sole discretion of Show Management, will not be permitted.
- Display Material: Displays and graphics may not interfere with attendee line of sight for neighboring booths. Such items in the front half of a linear booth may not exceed 4’ in height. All materials used in the construction exhibits and all decorative materials within the exhibit must be of non-combustible or flame retardant materials. Display materials, signs, etc. may not be affixed directly on drapes.
- Building Columns: Columns may not be used by the exhibitor for any purpose whatsoever.
BOOTH DISPLAYS & RENTAL EXHIBITS
Houston Exposition Services has booth displays available for rent. Please see the Rental Exhibit Order Form for more details.
BOOTH IDENTIFICATION SIGN
A FREE booth identification sign will be provided to each exhibitor in a linear booth space.
BOOTH SET UP PROCEDURES & REGULATIONS
- Exhibitor set-up is Thursday, October 3, 2019 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Exhibitors placing orders on-site should expect to wait several hours before receiving all services. Exhibitors are prohibited from setting up on show dates.
- An Exhibitor can only bring material onto the show floor if they can hand carry or use two-wheel dolly. If your freight requires multiple trips, you must have it delivered to the loading dock and material handling fees will be charged. (See Material Handling & Drayage)
- Exhibitor owned and operated vehicles and small vans are permitted direct access to the loading dock however; union personnel are responsible for the loading and unloading of all vehicles. All vehicles MUST check in at George R. Brown Convention Center (1001 Avenida De Las Americas Houston, TX 77010) before proceeding to the loading dock. If you wish to carry in your own material, you must park across the street in the parking lot.
- Booth carpet is included with booth space. If you bring your own floor covering, it must cover your entire exhibit space.
- When your crates are empty, obtain Empty stickers from the Freeman Service Desk. Use labels to mark your crates with your company name and booth number. Leave the containers slightly in the aisles for pick-up and storage. Labeled empties will be returned at the end of the Expo. DO NOT STORE ANYTHING IN CONTAINERS MARKED EMPTY as you will not have access until the Expo has ended. Material handling fees will be applied.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted on the show floor during move in or move out. NO EXCEPTIONS. Children under the age of 18 are permitted on the show floor during show days but must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Exhibit structures should be made of fireproof or flame retardant or treated materials not given to flammability. Expanded foam materials should be fire-retardant.
- Structurally, any built-up booths should have the stamp of a qualified structural engineer attesting to its construction standards.
- All electrical installation should be of standard 3-wire grounded wire in conduit. Particular attention should be paid to neon electrical installation due to high voltage and breakable nature of this type of lighting. Exposed wire of any sort is never allowed.
- All booths constructed within an exhibit hall should provide for the safe exit of occupants. Two means of exit are required from exhibits, rooms, decks or platform areas where:
- The intended occupant load of the exhibit exceeds 50 persons.
- The floor area exceeds 1,600 square feet (148.66 square meters).
- The distance from any point in the floor area to an aisle exceeds 50 feet (15.24 m).
- Stairs should be a minimum of 36” wide and between 4” and 7” in height. Treads should have a minimum run of 11” exclusive of nosing. Handrails should be provided on at least one side of every stairway.
- Structures up to 12’ high must withstand a wind force of 5 pounds per square foot.
- All construction must meet local, state and federally mandated codes.
- All exhibits, towers and other components over 12’ high will be engineered appropriate to their use and constructed from drawings bearing the stamp of a reviewing structural engineer.
FedEx Office is conveniently located on Mezzanine Level 2 of the GRB. They offer high-quality and flexible services including copying, graphic, finishing, shipping and other specialty services.
Black booth carpet is included with your booth. Custom flooring must cover the entire booth area.
Levy is the exclusive on-site contractor for all catering, concession and alcoholic beverage services. A full range of booth catering is available from Levy. Refer to the Booth Catering Menu for details. They can be reached at 713.853.8150.
Hall C – 18’ Ceiling Height. Maximum booth height is 8’ for all standard linear booths. 16’ maximum booth height for island booths. However, per GRB Convention Center, structures in island booth spaces exceeding 12’ high must submit a rending of their display and CC firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLEANING - GENERAL & FOR BOOTHS
Daily cleaning services are provided in the aisles and common areas of the exhibit hall. Exhibitors requiring additional booth-cleaning service, which includes vacuuming and trash removal once each day should refer to the Booth Cleaning Order Form or call Tanya Perez 713.853.8907 or by email Tanya.Pereze@houstonfirst.com. and be sure to place order no later than September 13, 2019.
DECORATOR SERVICES & GENERAL CONTRACTOR
Freeman Exhibition Services is the official provider of all decorating services.
Please refer to the link below for review.
DISMANTLING IS PROHIBITED PRIOR TO 4 PM ON SATURDAY, October 5, 2019. Exhibitors dismantling prior to show closing are subject to a $500.00 fine. Move out is Saturday night, October 5, 2019 from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Everything must be removed by 8:00 pm on Saturday. Immediately after the show ends, Houston Exhibition Service will begin removing aisle carpet which will take up to one hour. It may take a few hours before all empty crates are returned. Exhibitors will be permitted to remove portable exhibits and personal effects from their booths, as long as one person can hand carry the items in one trip. Should any exhibitor, its agent or contractor, fail to remove all their property by the time stipulated, the exhibitor will indemnify Show Management in respect of any claim. Show Management will be entitled, but not obligated, to remove such materials at the cost of the exhibitor who will be liable for all loss and costs thereby incurred. Show Management reserves the right to specify the time at which individual booths and exhibits can be removed.
Freeman will sell tape, display hooks and other items at their service desk.
DRAYAGE & MATERIAL HANDLING
See Material Handling.
DUE DATES FOR SERVICE ORDER FORMS
For your convenience, a checklist and schedule for order placement is included in this manual. See Due Dates under the general information tab.
Electricity will be turned on 30 minutes before the show and turned off 30 minutes after the show closes each day. 24 hour service add 25% for each outlet. For on-line orders, select both the standard outlet and the 24 hour service outlet. The supply and connection of all electrical services will be carried out by the Houston electrical technicians and should be ordered and paid for in advance using the Electrical Services Order Form no later than September 22, 2019. Electrical wiring, fittings and flexible cords must be approved by Smart City Electric. All equipment must be properly grounded. Extension cords must be 14 gauge/3 wire grounding type or larger. Only porcelain socket lamps or plastic lamp holders may be used as brass shelled socket lamps are prohibited. Exhibit spot or flood lights must be positioned so as to be unreachable by the public, free from and unattached by any materials or fabric. Any questions regarding electrical service should be directed to Houston at (888) 446-6911.
The Event Guide is distributed to all FEH attendees free of charge. Exhibitors who take space at FEH after the Event Guide due date, should complete their Event Guide Addendum Forms immediately, as we will make every attempt to include latecomers in the event guide or addendum. Due date for the Guide is August 25. Please contact Corali Romero at Corali.Romero@comexposium.com or 201-881-1662 with any questions.
EVENT GUIDE ADVERTISING
A limited amount of space has been set-aside in the guide for individual company advertising. Rates are set out with size options on the Event Guide Advertising form. For more information on event guide advertising, please contact Joseph Cammarato at Joseph.Cammarato@comexposium.com or 201-881-1666.
Morning coffee will be available in Hall C for exhibitors each show day from 8:30 am to 9:30 am. Coffee will be served in front of the sales office on the show floor.
EXHIBITOR Liability Insurance
We do not require, although recommend, that you carry general liability coverage from an insurance company in good standing with minimum policy limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate. Your current insurance company may offer a rider to your policy specifically for the show.
If you elect to purchase insurance, it must be in force during the lease dates of the event, October 2 – 5, 2019 naming MFV Expositions 208 Harristown Road, Suite 102, Glen Rock, NJ 07452 as the certificate holder. MFV Expositions LLC and George R. Brown Convention Center & Village of Houston shall be named as additional insured.
Exhibitors sampling any product are required to have Exhibitor Liability Insurance and everything above applies as well also naming Levy Restaurants additional insured.
EXHIBITOR LOUNGE - Sponsored by Entrepreneur Media, Inc.
The exhibitor lounge is located in booth 630. This lounge is exclusively for FEH exhibitors. There will be a coffee and tea in the lounge each morning.
The following minimum fire safety requirements shall apply to all events:
- Balloons: Helium balloons and mylar balloons are prohibited by Houston.
- Boats: All boat fuel tanks must be emptied prior to entering Houston (except by permit from the Fire Prevention Bureau).
- Combustibles: Literature on display must be limited to reasonable quantities. Reserve supplies should be kept in closed containers and stored in a neat and compact manner.
- No gas cooking appliances are allowed in Houston.
- Small electric cook tops, grills and ovens will be allowed for cooking.
- Cooking areas must have 2A10BC type fire extinguishers provided by the exhibitor.
- Exits: All required exits, including entrance and lobby areas of each hall, the center exit pod and the corridors, will be unlocked and kept free of exhibits, tables, desks and all other obstructions during show hours.
- Flame Retardant Treatment: All decorations, drapes, signs, banners, acoustical materials, hay, moss, split bamboo, plastic cloth and similar decorative materials shall be flame retardant. Oilcloth, tar paper, sisal paper, nylon, orlon and other plastic materials that are not retardant are prohibited. The Fire Prevention Bureau will test any questionable material.
- Motor Vehicles: In order to comply with the City of Houston Fire Code Regulations, the following requirements must be adhered to
- Fuel in fuel tanks shall not exceed one-fourth (1/4) capacity or 5 gallons, whichever is least. An accurate means of measuring the fuel amount shall be provided. (Pre-requisite to entry into the building.)
- Batteries must be disconnected
- Fuel tanks and fill openings shall be closed and sealed to prevent tampering.
- Propane cylinders shall be new and unused unless prior written approval has been given by the Fire Marshal. The Vendor or his representative will disconnect piping from the cylinder. Valves will be opened to verify the cylinder is void of propane gas. Any tools required shall be provided by the vendor.
- Obstructions: Aisles and exits as designated on approved plans must be kept clean and clear of obstructions. Easels, signs, products, chairs, etc., must not be placed beyond the booth area into aisles. All fire hose cabinets, fire extinguishers, pull stations and emergency exits, including those inside an exhibit space, must be visible and accessible at all times.
- Permits: Applications are not required if you:
- Display a vehicle on show floor.
- Display and operate any open flame, flammable liquid device, candles, lanterns, torches, pyrotechnic displays, etc.
- Display or operate an electrical, mechanical or chemical device which may be deemed hazardous by the Fire Department.
- Use flammable liquids, compressed gases, or dangerous chemicals.
- Storage: No flammable liquids, compressed gases or dangerous chemicals shall be stored in Center. Compressed gas cylinders must be secured to prevent toppling. Flammable compressed gas containers are not allowed in the facility.
A First Aid attendant will be on duty 30 minutes before and after show hours. Any emergencies or accidents should be reported to a security guard, Show Management and the Freeman services desk immediately.
A full selection of tropical green plants, floral displays and fresh flowers are available to rent from Florabunda Plants & Supplies. Please use the Florist Order Form or call 713-222-6666.
FOOD & BEVERAGE SAMPLING
If you are planning to sample food or beverages, you must contact Martin Joksimovic at email@example.com or call 201-881-1658. No food or beverages are permitted in the GRB Convention Center by any exhibitor, installation company or any other entities hired by exhibiting company without prior approval and written authorization by Levy Catering. (This includes bottled water)
- Only exhibitors with booths in the trade show exhibit hall may give away sample portions of the product they manufacture, produce or distribute and must be show related.
- Sample sizes must be limited to 2 ounces of beverage and 2 ounces of food. No food or beverage may be sampled or given away outside of the exhibit hall or inside any meeting rooms of the Convention Center. If an exhibitor’s request for sampling exceeds the predetermined size portions or seems to be quantities exceeding sampling guidelines, it may be deemed appropriate by Levy Catering to assess a corkage fee for the privilege of bringing their product into Convention Center.
- All companies sampling must have and present certificate of insurance (COI) listing MFV Expositions LLC, George R. Brown Convention Center and Levy Catering as additionally insured. Exhibitors must submit both (COI) and Authorization to Sample forms together to Levy Catering in order to be approved.
- Food and beverage "Traffic Promoters" must be purchased through Levy Catering. Small candies such as mints are permitted. Exhibitors are not allowed to hand out food and beverage as an enticement to attract delegates to their booth if their product has no relation to food and beverage.
- Texas state law prohibits anyone other than the alcohol license holder to distribute or bring into the licensed establishment (George R. Brown Convention Center) any alcoholic beverages for the purpose of traffic promotion. All alcoholic beverages must be purchased from the alcoholic beverage license holder.
- An exhibitor may bring in logoed bottled water. A corkage fee will apply and the rate set by Levy Catering. Levy Catering reserves the right to control the quantity of logoed bottled water brought into the facility. Product must be shipped to George R. Brown Convention Center Warehouse prior to the start date of the event and delivery fees to the booth will apply. For more details contact Hillary Mann, Senior Catering Sales Coordinator at Levy Conventions firstname.lastname@example.org office: 713.853.8113.
For cooking restrictions, see Fire Regulations/Cooking. All food and beverage storage space is reserved for Aramark use. Arrangements may be made to rent storage space on-site, on a space availability basis. Contact the catering sales General Manager to discuss your requirements.
FURNITURE & ACCESSORIES
A selection of furniture is available from through Freeman Services. Orders must be received by September 13, 2019 to discount prices.
GUEST PASS PROGRAM DETAILS
Email Free Franchise Expo Tickets to Your Best Prospects
As an exhibitor, you can target prospects you want to meet face to face with an email campaign featuring your complimentary E-Guest Pass. Check your Exhibitor Newsletter for when this will be available. If you do not receive your E-Guest Pass, contact Corali.Romero@comexposium.com.
Hall lighting will be at half power only during move-in and move-out. One hundred percent lighting will be provided during show hours beginning 30 minutes prior to show opening on Friday. Exhibitors may choose to enhance their booth with track or spot lighting.
HANGING SIGNS & RIGGING
Exhibitors with peninsula or island booths of 400 square feet or more may suspend signs from the ceiling structure over their exhibit booth. The bottom of the sign must be 11 feet from the floor and cannot be taller than 6 feet. Signs will be hung by Freeman labor. No other firm will be allowed access to the ceiling of the Convention Center. If you require this service, please review and submit the Labor Form. All signs to be hung from the ceiling must be sent in a separate container on a separate bill of lading. This container should be shipped in advance to the Freeman advance warehouse. For clarification, please contact Freeman at 713.770.6750 or visit Freeman Online.
Franchise Expo Houston is pleased to partner with Marriott Marquis Houston. Reservations should be made using this link.
Internet access and networking services are available through Smart City Wireless Services. Internet and Network Service Contract. Please order no later than September 22, 2019 to receive the discounted rate.
Skilled labor to install and dismantle exhibits is available from Freeman by ordering through the Labor Order and Key Information Forms no later than September 13, 2019. If a representative of the exhibitor is not able to supervise labor during installation or break-down,Freeman offers expert supervisory service.
LEAD RETRIEVAL SYSTEMS
e-Vents Registration’s lead retrieval devices are available to exhibitors for gathering sales leads on the show floor. See the many options available and order using the Lead Retrieval Order Form. Be sure to receive a discount by ordering by September 13, 2019.
If your exhibit requires lifting or rigging equipment for installation or dismantling, please complete the In-Booth Forklift Order Form and Labor Order Form and return by September 13, 2019.
MATERIAL HANDLING & DRAYAGE
Freeman is the exclusive freight receiver. Material handling includes unloading your exhibit material, storing up to 30 days in advance at the warehouse address, delivering to the booth, the handling of empty containers to and from storage, and removing of material from the booth for reloading onto outbound carriers. It should not be confused with the cost to transport your exhibit material to and from the convention or event. You have two options for shipping your advance freight - either to the warehouse or directly to show site. Rates are calculated based on round trip service and are determined by weight of the in-bound shipment. This is also a calculated with a minimum of 100 lbs. Round trip services include:
- unloading crated/packaged freight (for warehouse shipments)
- storing at warehouse for up the 30 days
- reloading onto trucks and delivery to the exhibit site
- unloading freight and delivery to your booth
- picking up, storing and returning empty shipping containers and reloading freight to your assigned Freight Carrier for outbound shipping
Freeman services will also store empty crates and return them at the close of the show. Empty crates are not accessible during the show.
Example of Drayage Cost Calculation Warehouse Shipment:
Price per CWT
Est. Total Cost (100 lb. Min.)
2 crates - shrink wrapped
637 lbs (rounded up to nearest 100) 700 ÷ 100 =7
÷ 100 =
PLEASE NOTE: Everything must be packed and moved out by 8:00pm Saturday, October 5, 2019.
MUSIC IN BOOTH & SOUND EQUIPMENT
Exhibitors with 400 sq. ft. or more may use PA or microphone systems. Exhibitors using monitors or demonstrating mechanical or electrical equipment should ensure that noise levels do not cause annoyance to their neighbors. Show Management reserves the right to determine acceptable levels of noise. Exhibitors wishing to play music in their booth must first get approval from the licensing organizations ASCAP, BMI and SESAC.
Please visit WWW.AVENIDAHOUSTON.COM regarding parking at George R. Brown Convention Center.
PRE-SHOW MARKETING and PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITES
There are numerous ways for exhibitors to enhance their exposure before, during and after the show. FEH visitors are your most qualified leads. Refer to the Promotional Opportunity List or contact Joseph Cammarato by phone 201-881-1666 or by email Joseph.Cammarato@comexposium.com to maximize your lead generation efforts.
The public address system is for use by Show Management for official announcements only. It is not available for exhibitors or visitors.
RENTAL EXHIBITS & BOOTH DISPLAYS
See Rental Exhibits & Booth Displays.
RULES & REGULATIONS FOR EXHIBITING
Exhibitors are advised to carefully read the Terms and Conditions on the back of their Agreement to Exhibit. In addition, special attention should be given to the rules outlined below with respect to behavior of exhibitors during show hours.
- Exhibitor badges are required at all times.
- No more than 3 representatives (6 per 200 square feet, etc.) of the exhibitor may work per 100 square feet of rented space at any one time.
- All sales information, whether written or verbal, must be distributed within the confines of the exhibitors' booth. Exhibitors will not solicit in the aisles or other common areas
- At least one show representative of the exhibitor should be on duty in the booth during all show hours.
- Public address or microphone systems may not be used in a booth smaller than 400 sq. ft. Exhibitors using TV monitors or demonstrating mechanical or electrical equipment should ensure that noise levels do not cause annoyance to their neighbors. Show Management reserves the right to determine acceptable levels of noise.
- In order for a Franchise Broker to exhibit at any of the three franchise expositions produced by MFV in association with the IFA, such Franchise Broker is required to exhibit each and every individual franchising concept in a minimum 10’x10’ booth. In addition, if a Franchise Broker is also a franchisor, such Franchise Broker may exhibit at an MFV sponsored franchise exposition specifically to introduce and sell such concept to prospective franchisees in a separate minimum 10’ X 10’ booth. Such Franchise Broker is not permitted to sell any other franchising concepts from the booth space in which it is selling its concept.
- Hand Carry: An Exhibitor can only bring material onto the show floor if the exhibitor can, in one trip, hand carry or use nothing larger than a two-wheel cart to bring in material. If your freight requires multiple trips you must have it delivered to the loading dock and material handling fees will be charged. See Material Handling & Drayage.
- Private Owned Vehicles (POV): Exhibitor owned and operated vehicles and pickup trucks can unload and hand carry in by using the parking lot which is attached to the Center.
- Delivery to Center: It is suggested that you advise your freight carrier to put your freight on pallets and shrink wrap it so it doesn’t get mixed with other freight on the truck. Additional handling fees will be charged if freight from several exhibitors mixes together on the truck.
- Freight Carrier: Exhibitors are welcome to use any carrier they choose. Quad Express is the preferred shipper for FEH and can be contacted by calling 1-800-388-4112 or visiting www.qwexpologistics.com. Complete the Transportation Order Form and return to Quad Express. To avoid additional material handling fees, advise your carrier to "shrink wrap and skid" your freight if you have multiple packages. Additional handling fees will be charged if freight from several exhibitors mixes together on the truck. Houston Exposition Services Transportation is also available for ground transportation.
- International Shipping: Freeman Transportation can assist with international shipping needs. Please see the International Shipping Instructions Form for detailed information.
- Shipping Labels & Forms: For your convenience, Shipping Labels are provided within the Material Handling Form, which should be completed and returned to Freeman with payment and copies of bills of lading.
- Payment: Payment for all material handling charges is due prior to the close of show. Remaining balances may be applied to exhibitor's credit card provided that the necessary details and authorization are supplied in advance. Completion of the Payment Form is required for all orders placed with Houston Exposition Services.
- Notification: All shipments must be sent prepaid. All shipments should be made on straight bills of lading and addressed identically with exhibit material. Correct weights must be provided otherwise receiver's estimated weights will prevail. A COPY OF BILL OF LADING MUST BE SENT DIRECTLY TO Freeman.
- Advance Shipments:Freight may be shipped to the advanced warehouse delivered from September 4, 2019 with the deadline of September 27, 2019. Advance shipments will be delivered directly to your booth. See Material Handling for rates.
- ADVANCE SHIPPING WAREHOUSE ADDRESS:
9258 Park South View
Houston, TX 77051
- Direct Shipping to the Convention Center: Direct shipments to Houston may only arrive on October 3, 2019 from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Every crate and item shipped must be properly marked and labeled. Freight improperly addressed may not arrive to the exhibit hall and may also be misplaced until after the event. If freight is not placed in care of (c/o) Freeman; you may not receive your freight. Contact Operations at 201-881-1658 or email@example.com with questions. See Material Handling for rates.
- DIRECT SHIPPING EXHIBIT ADDRESS: Franchise Expo Houston
Exhibiting Company Name & Booth Number
GEORGE R BROWN CONVENTION CENTER
1001 AVENIDA DE LAS AMERICAS
HOUSTON, TX 77010
- Outbound Shipments: Quad Express is the official exhibition material transportation provider and will be on site to assist. You may call them prior to the show at 800-388-4112 or complete the Transportation Order form. You may however arrange shipment of materials from the show via any LTL carrier.
Quad Express will have an onsite service desk to handle all freight shipments. Please contact www.qwexpologistics.com or 800-388-4112 with any questions.
Freeman Transportation is also available for ground transportation. After your material is packed, you must pick up and file a material handling order form and bill of landing at the Freemen service desk for freight retrieval. It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to complete the Material Handling Order Form (including the name of the shipping company picking up your freight and the date for pick up) and file with Freeman Exposition Services. A representative should remain to watch their property until it has been retrieved by Freeman staff.
NOTE: Exhibitor material not picked up by 8:00 pm, Saturday, October 5, 2019 will be shipped using Freeman Freight Services at the exhibitor's expense.
Booth Carpet: Black
Aisle Carpet: Blue Tuxedo
* Supplier Section: Booth and aisle carpet: Grey
| Thursday, October 3,2019
||8:00am to 4:30pm
| Friday, October 4, 2019
||10:00am* to 4:00pm
| Saturday, October 5, 2019
||10:00am* to 4:00pm
*Exhibitors will have access to the show floor starting at 8:00am
Official FEH Logos, which can be used to promote your participation in the Show, can be obtained from Kelly at Kelly.Decker@comexposium.com or (201) 515-3067.
SHOW MANAGEMENT OFFICE
The Show Management office will be located in Hall G within the Sales office, Booth 728.
All signage must be confined to the exhibitor's booth area except for ceiling suspended signs (see Labor), which are only permitted over booth spaces 400 square feet or larger. Custom signs can be produced and delivered to your booth by using the Signage & Graphics Order Form.
Houston is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building.
The booth drape throughout the supplier section will be black. All exhibitors in the supplier section will receive a 6’ black skirted table, 2 chairs, grey carpet and a wastebasket per 100 sq. ft.
Exhibitors who require a telephone in their booth should order in advance using the Telecommunications Services Order Form no later than September 27, 2019. Any questions should be directed to (888) 446-6911.
THIRD PARTY CONTRACTORS
If an exhibitor appoints a third party company to order display requirements or services on their behalf at the Houston Franchise Show, they must return a completed copy of the Exhibitor Appointed Contractor (EAC) Notification. NOTE: The exhibiting company is ultimately responsible for any outstanding charges or services supplied.
Show Management requests that exhibitors do not tip at the Convention Center. Tipping on site is considered a destructive practice leading to a lack of rapport between management and labor.
Please know in advance that union labor may be required for certain aspects of your exhibit handling. There are also a number of things exhibitors can do without union personnel. To help you understand the jurisdiction that the various unions have, we ask that you read Union Jurisdictions at George R. Brown Convention Center.
VEHICLES ON DISPLAY
All vehicles entering the exhibit floor for booth display purposes will be spotted by Houston Exhibitor Services. A spotting fee of $150.00 will be charged roundtrip for all vehicles. (See Vehicle Spotting Order Form)
Vehicles may not be moved during show hours and must do the following:
- Disconnect and tape battery terminals
- Remove all but no more than one eighth tank of gas in the fuel tank
- Lock fuel tank to prevent the escape of vapors
VIDEOTAPING & BROADCASTING
Videotaping, filming, or sound recording within FEH is prohibited without the prior written consent of Show Management. Contact John at John.Erich@comexposium.com or call 201-881-1628 for more information.